Tolgus Farm is a 100% contracting scheme for Treveth Holdings LLP; won via competitive single stage tender in Septmber 2020.
The regeneration scheme will create 185 new homes for Treveth, through a mixed tenure of: 49% PRS, 12% open market sale 39% and affordable housing (a mix of affordable rented and shared ownership) making a significant contribution to Cornwall’s affordable homes provision.
The 185 homes will be constructed using a 140mm timber frame with a range of enhanced external elevational treatments, including SSQ Riverstone Slates.
The site is situated to the west of Redruth and is wellpositioned between the town and the A30 trunk road to the north.
The development will offer a mix of one, two, three and four bedroom homes as well as an array of open well designed green spaces and cycle paths with views towards St Agnes Beacon and beyond.
Working to incorporate low carbon heating solutions with a highly insulated Fabric First approach, all of the new homes will have
air source heat pumps as standard, creating sustainable homes that complement the natural surroundings.
The project team are challenged with a number of constraints which are the product of mining activity; including mine shafts, spoil heaps and material across the site and a number of derelict buildings.
Public Open Space (1620m2 including the LEAP)
• LEAP minimum activity zone area of 400m2.
• Caters for children from toddler age and junior age.
• Contains at least 5 types of play values, of which at least 2 are individual pieces, rather than part of a combination multi-play unit.
• Green infrastructure; Swales and Rills are incoporated into the design
Sustainability and Social Value
• This project will Invest £22m into the local supply chain, through mostly SME companies.
• Result in employment of roughly 93 local people a year
• All of the new homes will have air source heat pumps as standard, creating sustainable homes that complement the natural surroundings.
Treveth Holdings LLP
We are delighted to have been appointed to deliver this fantastic new development in Tolgus working in partnership with Treveth to bring much needed high-quality homes to Cornwall. We are passionate about creating sustainable and vibrant new communities and these new homes will ensure people who have grown up in the area can remain local. Kathryn Pennington, Regional Development Director for Partnerships South West